Static Home Page, Front Page, with WordPress
The front page of your WordPress.com site will display latest posts from your blog by default. If you would like to create a more traditional website, you can set a static home page instead by following these steps:
- First you must create pages for your WordPress site.
Go go the tutorial to create pages before continuing on to the next step.
Add all your required pages now. You can always add or delete pages in the future.
- Home or Welcome Page -You can fill this content now or leave to do later.
- About – You can fill this content now or leave to do later.
- Contact – Do not add content at this time as a contact form will be created below
- Blog page – Do not add content on this page now or in future! The Blog page is used for setting up a more traditional website. The default for WordPress.com is to display the latest blog post from your blog. (Note: You will be creating blog posts, different from the blog page.)
- Optional Pages – Resume Portfolio or other pages – Create pages now, and add content later.
- Method One – Watch the video listed above from WordPress.TV.
- Method Two – The Customizer
Click here to launch the Site Customizer, select your website, and the site customizer will appear on the left side of browser.
Click on the Static Front Page tab on the left.
Select the Static Page option, then choose your new page (Home or Welcome) from the Front Page drop down. The preview window will display your newly selected page as the front page of your site.
Click on the Save and Publish button to save your static page settings.