Linking pages, text and images in WordPress
A link, short for hyperlink, is a word, group of words or an image that you simply click on and go to a new page or section on your WordPress site or the Internet.
Don’t have a WordPress site yet? Use the WordPress Quick Start guide to get started free!
- You can add link in the Visual Editor or the Text Editor. Learn more about Visual and Text Editors at WordPress support.
- Button method – You first highlight the text you want to link. Next, use the link bottom on the toolbar, looks like a chain link. The button next to the link with the slash is to unlink a work or group or words. Use can use the search box to link any post of page on your WordPress site.
- A popup box will appear and enter the link to website link on your site or on the Internet. Save, or add link.
- The link in the editor will now appear blue. Save update to your blog post or page. Test the link to make sure it’s going to the correct location.
- Update or remove link – Simple go to the link in the editor and a small edit box will appear. Select the pencil icon to edit or X to remove.
- There are more ways to make a link. Go to WordPress support to learn more.