Career and Professional Development
This is a list of technology and skills learned in the COMM 240 class with Jannet Walsh, Saint Cloud State University. Students are suggested to update their resumes. Student are encouraged to add other skills, technology and applications from other courses during the semester and entire academic year.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to update their resume with the following skills and applications:
Applications and gear
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC with Bootstrap
- Text Editor (TextWrangler and Sublime) This was optional, but highly suggested!
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Panasonic AC90 Video Camera and Rode Microphone
- iMac computer
- Basic HTML and CSS – Learned how to edit and create web pages and website site
- Web design and responsive web design with Adobe Dreamweaver CC with Bootstrap
- Video and editing skills
- Audio recording and video camera shooting skills – Used professional grade audio gear and video camera
- Text Editor – Also, some students learned to used a Text Editor, optional, such as TextWrangler and Sublime.
Other items to consider, direct from the class syllabus
• Demonstrate basic skills to create and manage content of a WordPress website
• Apply the building blocks of web design, HTML and CSS, and other applicable tools to the creation of simple web pages.
• Employ digital technologies to create and output media (video and images) appropriate to multimedia application.
• Demonstrate basic skills for effective visual communication.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of peoples and cultures.
If you have any questions, let me know.